Goddess Blanket

The Goddess Blanket is fed by rituals in public and private spaces. For one ritual I synthesise and scribe sounds and words around me on floors, sand or concrete with chalk, sticks and fingertips. Weaving a circular narrative from the physical and social surroundings, forging a connection between my present and my past.
The Goddess Blanket is in its beginning phase.  I am still exploring what it all means as well as how the Blanket moves.  Since this idea started during a strange and confusing time in my life working on it has been essential to my own healing.  In my opinion, the Goddess Blanket is becoming what it has been invented to do which is to heal and bring out the goddess within. 


Photo by Ami Zanders. Skulls were borrowed from fellow classmate Serah Stringer.  This began to mirror my own uncertainty and to sew bells and beads onto the Goddess Blanket.  The relevance of doing this was to illustrate that the blanket was not finished and more work is needed to be done.


Photo by Bedwyr Williams.



Photo by Serah Stringer.  This is a picture of me in performance.  I sat and listened to conversations in the room and harvested key words and phrases.
Photos above are of the first Goddess Blanket performance for the LJMU MA Art Exhibit at MAKE on November 6, 2018.  



Photo by Ami Zanders 
Goddess Blanket - The link attached is the video footage that was projected on the X Gallery for the LJMU MA Art Exhibit on December 11, 2018. The photos are of a video projection of me wearing the Goddess Blanket while walking on a beach in Crosby, Liverpool.  I am captured bowing down in prayer before returning to the sea.  The video played on a loop with the actual blanket on display as if I am still inside sleeping.



Photo by Matthew Merrick



























Youtube Video Links of Goddess Blanket Influences

Bermuda Gombeys

Voodoo Festival in Benin 2

Native American Fancy Shawl Dance

Nick Cave

Ana Mendieta


Comments